Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Germany & Bear Lake

Jeff on his way to Germany.  His company sent him there to learn more about the machines he is in charge of.  He was there from Saturday to Friday and was missed very much.  He had a wonderful time and has lots of phots that I will have to post another time!

While he was gone, I went to a wedding and in between the ceremony and reception I went to Farmington Station and made a stop in to IT'SUGAR.  It's a candy store! It is full of delicious goodies at outrageous prices.  $12 per pound! I got a little less than 1/4 pound because I felt I needed to for the experience ;)
My $2.96 bag of candy. I savored it and saved one of each kind for Jeffy when he got back!

I also baked more bread while he was gone! I made a jalapeno cheddar loaf and a cheesy garlic Italian herb loaf.  Soooo delicious!  I swear... this bread-making is my new obsession.

I also made more freezer meals when he was out.  I made 40 breakfast burritos and 2 pans of tempeh enchiladas.  (I also made 2 pans of zucchini penne bake today!)


Here we are... ready to see our one true love!  On our way to the airport!
Funny story: I had to get gas on the way to the airport... While the fuel was being delivered, I went inside to get Jeff some beer (much needed after flights full of babies).  When I got back out, I just pulled the gas nozzle out of my car... prematurely.  I was not aware and began spraying gasoline all over.  Panic.  I shoved it back into the pump. Thankfully it stopped. Yea... I was just a little excited to hit the road to pick up Jeff!

Jeff was a trooper.  He got back Friday night and we headed for Bear Lake the following morning.  Our Andreason family goes to the lake every year around the 4th of July! We were so happy we could make it even just for one day.  Here I am sunbaking in between the intermittent rain showers while the boys stay in the shade.  (Steve, Jeff, Cody)

Ike's first dip in the lake! He was so cute! He HATED it at first.  Until he saw other dogs in the water playing around.  Then he was just splashing and jumping all over!

Cutest dog in the lake!

A rainbow on our way home.  A wonderful end to a fabulous weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment