Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Garden and Goals


Cool story about this cute little cherry tomato: we had a garden box full of peas earlier this summer.  It was fabulous, but as the heat increased they died and went to garden heaven.  Jeff and I were out weeding and pulling all of the dead plants when we smelled... tomatoes! We look at a few of the plants that are green and lo-and-behold... they were growing!  We hadn't planted any and neither had the previous owners, but there were tomatoes in that box last year. I'm assuming a few dropped and seeded.  Patient little tomato plants waited for the peas to finish! We have something like 3 cherry tomato plants and 1 regular tomato plant.  So cool! (Especially because it's Jeff's favorite fruit!)

Cutest dog on this planet... Love that Icky.

My Fall Schedule.  This is what my schedule looks like without my preceptorship! Pretty great, right? I'm loving it.  I am wanting to get into better shape and become a better climber so this schedule is hopefully going to keep me on track.  Jeff and I are able to go to the gym together at 6:00 AM every day.  I get home from my night shifts and we go then too! It's really nice.  We got memberships at the South Davis Recreation Center.  They have a great facility! Often, I will bike the 1.5 miles UPHILL back home while Jeff drives to work from the gym.  It's a killer!

Back to my preceptorship: I got my placement in the... *drumroll*.... Newborn ICU! I am sooo excited about this because I feel like it will give me that much more orientation to the unit I plan on working on as a nurse anyways!  It will start the beginning of October and continue for 6-8 weeks.  I must complete 135 hours, which equals 11 twelve-hour shifts.  So my schedule above will be much busier come October!

No comments:

Post a Comment