Thursday, October 17, 2013

Work hard, play... later!

Well, like every other semester in our lives, we don't see each other nearly often enough.  Jeff is busy all week before the sun comes up and long after the sun goes down.  His one consistent day off is Sunday.  However, that is my consistent day ON.  I am busy all week as well - working by night and school/preceptorship by day.  It's a busy life, but it will all pay off eventually.  (At least that's the plan!)

I have started my preceptorship for nursing school.  It is like the grand finale for clinicals.  I am in the NICU at the U (yes, my current place of employment) and I couldn't love it more! It is the best job and I am getting so much closer to everything I have been working toward.  7 MORE WEEKS and then I graduate! Oh thank goodness.  (Although, I will be doing the RN to BSN program just a couple weeks after graduating.)

Jeff received a promotion at work!! (yep, another!)  He is SUCH a hardworker! I am so proud of him.  He is now the manager of the area he is working in at Biofire.  Meanwhile, he spends 20+ hours a weeks for school.  What a total rockstar.  I'm a lucky, lucky girl.

We purchased memberships to the recreation center in our hood.  It is fabulous.  They have so much to offer and it is affordable.  I have been going to the gym and lifting 4-6 times a week and Jeff is able to go 2-3 times a week. Fitness is really important to both of us and it has provided some much needed stress relief.

Perhaps it is all of the above that is keeping me from blogging.  Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment