Little did I know, my future self would want to smack my past self for ever pondering the idea of never having a child. It has been by far the most rewarding and happiest things I have ever done. I would "give up" my body over and over again for Mason. He is perfect and I'm proud of my body for providing a safe and healthy home for him.
With that being said, I still have fitness goals and realize I actually didn't give up anything permanently! My abs are gone, yes. But I will get them back in time. So for now, I am jotting down small, achievable goals and tracking my postpartum fitness journey here on the blog so I can hold myself accountable and to be able to refer to this for any future pregnancies.
As I have written in previous blog posts, I kept up with exercise during pregnancy. Nothing crazy, but some lifting and cardio.
My current goals are:
1. Make a daily routine/time for exercise with Mason.
2. Wake up and put on workout attire. (So helpful and motivating to me)
3. Mindfully eat.
4. Drink LOTS of water for health and milk supply.
5. Register for a race of some kind and start training.
6. Start upper body lifting at home or on walks.
My progress:
My goals for the first 3 weeks postpartum were to walk and soak up every ounce of baby loving with Mason.
I did that, and even squeezed in a 2-mile run which encouraged me to look at races.
Pre-pregnancy weight: 115
Final pregnancy weight: 145
2 days postpartum: 130
1 week postpartum: 117
Now: 117
(I realize the scale only tells you so much, I'm more focused on how I FEEL)
I cannot wear all my pre-pregnancy clothes yet. My hips are still wide. I can wear my size 3 jeans. I obviously lost quite a bit of muscle too, so the numbers on the scale really are skewed.
3 weeks postpartum today and feeling ready to tackle this challenge!
No comments:
Post a Comment