Monday, May 25, 2015

Fitness Progress 1

Progress on my goals:
1. Make a daily routine/time for exercise with Mason. 
--- after we get up for the day at 8, I feed Mason, change and dress him for the day, put him on his mat for tummy time while I pump. Then I put him down for his nap around 8:50 and I workout. OR after I pump I put him in his car seat and go for a run with the stroller and he naps then. 
2. Wake up and put on workout attire. (So helpful and motivating to me)
---- I do this! Or I go to bed in workout clothes. 
3. Mindfully eat. 
---- I could be doing better. It's so hard not to indulge when I feel like nursing is burning it all away hahaha! But my meals have cleaned up. Lots of veggies and protein. 
4. Drink LOTS of water for health and milk supply. 
--- you won't see me without a water bottle. 
5. Register for a race of some kind and start training. 
--- doing the 10k Dirty Dash on 6/6! I've been running/cycling to train. 
6. Start upper body lifting at home or on walks. 
--- I re-enrolled for a gym membership. I go there when I can. Otherwise I lift at home. I started doing the Bikini Body Guide workouts. I do 3 days of HIIT (high intensity interval training) and 3 days of LISS (low intensity steady state) alternating throughout the week with a day of rest. 

Weight is still 115. I can tell I'm leaning out though. My belly is getting flatter, although I definitely have loose skin and stretch marks that I've accepted as permanent accessories. ;)

I've hit the point in exercise routines, where the day doesn't feel right without some exercise! I love getting to that point. So much easier to stay on track.

On top of my exercise regimen, I've still been going on many hikes with Mason in the front carrier. It's the best! I seriously love it. 

Working out during pregnancy had benefits I'm sure, but it is amazing the amount of strength, muscle mass and endurance I've lost. I used to do 3 sets of 12 pull-ups. Now I do 3 very strenuous sets of 3 very difficult pull-ups. I used to do 50+ push-ups. Now 15 burns! As much as it sucks to feel like I'm starting all over, I remember how motivating progress is, so that thought is keeping me positive. 

New goals:
1. Increase in pull-ups and push-ups! By any amount. Progress is progress, no matter how small.
2. Go mountain biking with Jeff!
3. Improve diet and maintain water consumption. Less sugar!
4. Run that 10k!
5. More hikes with Mason and friends. At least twice a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment