Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Fitness Progress 2

Progress on goals:
1. Increase in pull-ups and push-ups! By any amount. Progress is progress, no matter how small.
---getting there. I have not been as focused on this as I could be. Maybe because I still feel so incredibly weak, and it's disheartening trying these. Push-ups are getting easier. Pull-ups are still a struggle. I do 3 sets of 3. My max is 4. 
2. Go mountain biking with Jeff!
----done! We biked Little Cottonwood Trail. It was a blast!
3. Improve diet and maintain water consumption. Less sugar!
---honestly, I think I've consumed more sugar. Not in treats, but I've been eating LOTS of cereal and granola bars. My milk supply is JUST enough for Mason and I try to keep my calories up, which makes me justify unhealthy choices. Need to work on that!! Water consumption is great!
4. Run that 10k!
---done! It was so fun. Not nearly as difficult as I expected. I could have kept going!
5. More hikes with Mason and friends. At least twice a week. 
---done! The only weeks I didn't go twice was when I went mountain biking and did that race. 

I haven't weighed myself lately. I'm nervous it'll be discouraging, because I felt pretty lean and now I'm feeling pretty... Fluffy. I'm betting it's my relaxed diet and decrease in high intensity workouts (to maintain milk supply). 

I've been trying to find a good balance so I can continue to improve my body and continue to fuel breastfeeding. But it seems so touch-and-go! After my five mile hike one day, I pumped 2.5 hours after I fed Mason for bedtime. And I barely pumped 2 ounces total. I heard a good rule of thumb is an ounce per hour, so not far from that. But I usually get 3 ounces at that pumping session. 

In an attempt to increase my supply, so I can maintain exercising how I'd like to, I have been pumping twice after Mason goes to bed.  So I pump at 10:30 PM and 2 AM. It's lame because I could be getting some good sleep, with how long he sleeps! But it's worth it to at least get some freezer storage, if nothing else. 

New goals:
1. Keep working on pull-ups and push-ups. Progress!!
2. Meal prep! Weekly. (This is probably the only thing that's kept my healthy eating in check before... I just love food so much, I want to eat it ALL)
3. Go to the gym to lift heavy 2x a week. 
4. Figure out exercising with returning to work night shifts. 
5. Start taking progress photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment