Thursday, July 9, 2015

Fitness Progress 3

Progress on goals:
1. Keep working on pull-ups and push-ups. Progress!!
--- I have increased my pull-ups from 3 to 4, and my push-ups from 10 to 24!
2. Meal prep! Weekly. (This is probably the only thing that's kept my healthy eating in check before... I just love food so much, I want to eat it ALL)
--- With the camping trip and weekend plans I have failed to plan, because I used to dedicate Sundays to this.  Looks like I need to devise a new plan for this. :-/
3. Go to the gym to lift heavy 2x a week. 
--- Doing it! And oh my... it feels SO good.
4. Figure out exercising with returning to work night shifts. 
--- Basically, I prioritize exercise daily whether I worked or not.  It's a great boost of energy post-night-shift.
5. Start taking progress photos.
--- I have the ones from early on, and I took one last week.  I will post those... eventually.
My milk supply seems to have leveled out with my new regimen.  I have removed high-intensity workouts from my training.  Just focusing on lifting and being active every day.
I work out at the rec center in my city, and it has a child care.  It is recommended to call a week ahead to reserve a spot for your child, because they only take 4 kids at one time.  Well, if that isn't accountability to show up, I don't know what is! Pretty nice little bonus.  I don't know what is so motivating to me about the gym environment... maybe the gazillion mirrors lining the wall, but I find myself SO much more focused and driven there.  I ALWAYS leave sweating and feeling accomplished from giving it 100%.
With this killer heat, I haven't been hiking as much because we just roast having Mason against me. I have plans to go to a few that are higher in the canyons soon!

My current weight is 115 lb.  I seem to have plateaued there.  I imagine my weight will start fluctuating up and down with fat loss and muscle gain ahead.  I still don't really care about the number on the scale.  I have been 115 before and felt super muscly and lean, compared to 115 now where I feel more weak and squishy.  

New goals:
{Mostly the same as before}
1. Keep working on pull-ups and push-ups. Progress!!
2. Meal prep! Weekly.
3. Go to the gym to lift heavy 2x a week. 
4. Drink more water!
5. Go hiking & mountain biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment