Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Busy Life

"Most people are so busy knocking themselves out trying to do everything they think they should do, they never get around to what they want to do." 
--Kathleen Winsor

We are seeing less and less of each other lately.  So busy with school and work and feeling like there is little to no time for leisure together.  If I were to die tomorrow, would I be okay with that?  Sometimes we get so busy, it clouds our motivation to keep going.  There is an end in sight and, of course, we will keep reaching for it.  But for now, we just miss each other and admire the lives of those who are graduated and just working.  Now, I know that doesn't always make you less busy, but I feel like it would be nice to run on our own agenda - together. (That would be a bonus!)

I cannot wait for December to arrive.  I will have a degree, and if I don't want to I don't HAVE to continue in education.  I can start my career and ideally spend my days/nights with Jeff.  Buuuut, I have another plan.  1 more year after December for my BSN.  And then I will assess where life is at that point, and perhaps get a doctorate to become a Nurse Practitioner.  FIVE more years. . . 

"No thoroughly occupied person was ever found really miserable."
--Walter Savage Landor





1 comment: