Wednesday, January 14, 2015

28 Weeks!

Time is sure flying! We are so excited to be in the third and final trimester of pregnancy now.  Overall, I have been pretty lucky with not getting too sick.  But nausea and queasiness stuck around until about 26 weeks, and then I got some sort of respiratory flu for a week and a half.  So I am feeling GREAT right now.

Good diet and exercise have remained goals of mine.  I have been able to make it to the gym at least 2-3 times a week, sometimes more if I'm lucky but it all depends on my work schedule.  I will do stretches and walks at home too.  I maintain little things like always taking the stairs, carrying a basket rather than pushing a cart in the store, and standing to chart at work.  Every little bit counts, right?!

Jeff and I made a quilt for our baby, and plan on doing this for any other children we have.  This was the first quilt I had ever made and I learned so much!  Jeff was so helpful with the measuring, cutting, and feeding the huge amounts of fabric through the machine when we were finishing up.  I used cotton-based fabrics on the front and minky fabric on the back.  Minky is tricky to work with so I googled all sorts of tips and tricks on sewing with minky and used ALL of the time-consuming recommendations.  I am sure glad I did, because I didn't run into any issues!  The nursery has an adventure/travel theme, so the quilt does too!



Total weight gain/loss: +15 lbs.

Rings on/off: On!

Sleep: Getting difficult.  I wake up often, about every 2 hours.

Best moment this week: At our appointment, we learned he is still growing healthily and I passed the glucose tolerance test! (I also got the RhoGam shot)

Movement: Yes, he is such a mover.  I feel him move multiple times an hour all day, usually.

Food cravings: Grapefruit! (sour, citrus-y stuff has been a constant)

Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Nope, thank goodness.

Belly Button in or out? Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment