I want to share/document a couple of the dreams I have had during this pregnancy.
The earliest strange one I remember was at 12 weeks. I had a dream that I had TWO babies and had amnesia so I couldn't recall any part of the pregnancy, labor or delivery. My only memories were 12 weeks and earlier. I was so sad in my dream! I felt like I had been jipped of the whole experience. And I had twins, without even knowing I was expecting two! It was a boy and a girl... They were about 2 weeks old when I was able to "come to" and realize what was going on. Jeff had to teach me when and how to feed them. It was so strange!
I had a verrrry long dream about halfway through my pregnancy. I woke up several times during this dream only to fall back asleep and catch up right where I left off! It was a zombie dream. There were zombies taking over the city and everyone was running for their lives! I was running all over and narrowly escaping them many times (which would wake me up in a panic!). There was one point where I was in a theater judging actors who wanted to play zombies for a play, and the real zombies busted through the auditorium and bent the actors over the front of the stage and chopped their heads off! So disturbing!.... Then my favorite section of this giant zombie sequel dream... one of my friend's moms, Sue, was running around the neighborhood with me away from zombies. She wanted to stop into this little diner... I told her we should probably keep running and not waste anytime, but she was persistent so we went. We ordered "over-easy ice cream", which was a big mug of ice cream with a fresh, hot cookie shoved in the middle (making it melty in the middle, like the yolk of an over-easy egg). Such a strange, yet inventive treat... go sleeping brain!! Much, much more happened, but those are the highlights.
Over the New Year, I was very sick with the flu. I was sleeping terribly and I was miserable. I fell asleep finally one night and woke up still dreaming. Jeff told me the next morning what happened: I got out of bed and stood up. He was woken by me getting up and asked what I was doing. I told him "I'm going to the stove to get the medicine James' friends brought me." He caught on that I sleep walking at this point and said, "I'll go get it for you, you just sit down and relax." I sat on the bed and waited for him. He came back and told me, "There isn't any medicine on the stove, babe, I'm sorry." I said, "They brought it! It's from Coldstone, only it's not icecream, it's medicine." He reassured me that there was nothing out there. I got back into bed sobbing because I was so upset there was no medicine to help me and that they had lied to me. Being so congested, this sobbing woke me up because I couldn't breathe! I fully woke up, blew my nose, and went back to sleep. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment