Saturday, October 3, 2015

Mason is 6 Months Old!




This cutest, happiest baby is already 6 months old! Half-of-a-year old! Times sure flies when there's a baby in the home.  We couldn't be happier.


Sleeping: He has transitioned in the last week or two to a 2-3-4 sleep cycle.  He did this naturally and on his own and I just followed his cues.  I am a little shocked because this is only 2 naps a day, but he is such an easy-going, happy boy again.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with this sleep cycle, the baby wakes up in the morning is awake for 2 hours, down for a nap, awake for 3 hours, down for a nap, awake for 4 hours, bedtime.  Before I clued in to his body language and cues, I was trying to get him to take 3 naps a day.  The first nap would be great! The next two he threw fits, especially for the 3rd nap.  It was basically impossible to get him to settle down and sleep.  I tried everything I knew to get him to sleep and it just wasn't happening.  Aside from transitioning to that new sleep schedule, he has been disturbed by teething a few times.  Other than that, our sleep-champ is still rocking the sleep category!! All night long and easy to put down.


Feeding: Mason is getting about half breastmilk and half formula.  He loves both.  He does bottles and nurses. He eats 6 oz about every 3 hours during the day and then 7-8 oz for his feeding before bed.  Mason also started solid foods! We started a little over a week after he turned 5 months old.  So far he eats: sweet potatoes, applesauce, bananas, peas, avocados, and oatmeal. His favorite is sweet potatoes.  We are making the baby food at home, which has been fun for me!  The only bummer lately is that he will refuse to breastfeed if I am not full enough. It is causing a decline in my supply, obviously.  I believe it is the teething because it is harder to get the milk out.  I have been trying to nurse after he takes 3-4 ounces from the bottle, rather than nursing first (what I normally do).  He will usually eventually nurse.


Growing: He is still climbing the growth chart, yay! He weighs 16 lbs. 12.5 oz. and is 27.5 inches long. (35th and 85th percentile, respectively). He is long and lean, so he can wear a few 3 month tops, but mostly 3-6 month, 6 month, and some 6-9 month clothes.  Baby clothes sizes are kind of a joke sometimes haha!  He wears size 3 diapers.
Mason loves his swim lessons.  He is so calm and happy in the water.  The class lasts 30 minutes every Saturday morning for 6 weeks.  We love dedicating that time to something that is especially for him!
 

Mason is an independent sitter and has been for weeks now.  Right after my last post about him, he picked it right up.  They learn so quickly!


He is laughing more, but still does his silly little cough too! And if something is funny, it is only funny the first and second time.  After that, just big smiles from that boy, no more giggles.


He loves blowing bubbles, standing up, tummy tickles, bath time, Ike, whiskers (especially Grandpa's), his calamari toy, being surprised, jumping in his jumperoo, and silly sounds.


Mason has a tooth making its way in! He has been teething for weeks so it's nice to see his misery has been for a good cause. ;) It just broke through the gums a couple days ago so it's not very obvious yet.  He has handled teething pretty well, with just an occasional dose of acetaminophen and lots of loving and snuggles.


We can't imagine life without our baby Mason!

No comments:

Post a Comment