Saturday, March 5, 2016

Fitness Progress 10

New Goals:
1. Run 4 miles!
--- Done! I ran/jog/walked outside for 2 hours.
2. Take a deload week, and continue Push:Pull:Legs!
---Done! Deload week was completed.  I decided to move on from Push:Pull:Legs onto a program with more conditioning involved.
3. Bench press body weight.
---Almost!! I can bench press 105 one time. 5-10 more pounds to go, depending on the day! ;)
4. Focus on more Spartan-training circuit pre-cardio or on the rest day.
---Done! Started Charlie Mike program that involves heavy lifting and lots of circuit/conditioning training.
5. Go hiking in the snow!
---No hikes, but lots of walks and trips up the canyon.

The Push:Pull:Legs program was a success in my book.  It helped me gain a lot of strength in a short amount of time.  I also really focused on improving my form and knowledge about each lift.   Once I felt like I had plateaued and felt defeated by the program, I decided to move on to a different program.  Ashley Horner's Charlie Mike workout program is what I started. I am in the middle of week 2 right now.  It kicks my butt!  It will last 6 weeks.  I took some before progress photos to compare in 6 weeks. (I will post it below)

The first week of Charlie Mike tested my one-rep max for the main lifts.  Then for the rest of the program you use that weight to calculated how much weight to use for reps.  It also has you time your mile run and 1000M row.  My starting one-rep maxes are as follows:
Bench: 105
Squat: 155
Push Press: 85
Deadlift: 200
Mile run: 7:10
1000M row: 4:56

We will be testing these again at the end of the program.  I am hopeful I will see results!

The Spartan race is in two weeks! I have been doing a lot of burpees in this Charlie Mike program.  Also have been working on strength exercises that hopefully will help me with the obstacles.

I have been counting macros most days.  Prepping rice, overnight oats, and other small snacks.  Currently my macro split is 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat.

Here is my progress photo:
(11 months postpartum)
I love my shadow hahaha!

New Goals:
1. Complete Spartan Race!
2. Bench bodweight
3. Deadlift 2x bodyweight
4. Complete Charlie Mike
5. Go for a bike ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment