Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fitness Progress 11


Progress on Goals:
1. Complete Spartan Race!
---done! It was 8.5 miles. So much fun and so challenging!
2. Bench bodyweight
---done! I weigh 110 and I benched 115!
3. Deadlift 2x bodyweight
---done! I dead lifted 220 lb.:)
4. Complete Charlie Mike
---done! Loved it so much I am doing it again.
5. Go for a bike ride!
---need to do this! We got a bike trailer for Mason, so we can't wait to take it out!

The fitness model search that I entered into came and went! I didn't win, and they didn't have any placings but it was a great learning experience and so much fun! I am registered to compete on June 4th in an actual NPC bikini competition.  I am so excited and so nervous! Just over a week away!

I feel like Charlie Mike took me to a whole new level of fitness. Cardio has never been my strong point and I felt so good during and after the Spartan, it was amazing. My strength has greatly improved. I am feeling great!

I am so excited for the Boise Spartan that is coming up in a month.  It is the Sprint so it is the shortest race they offer. 3-5 miles depending on the course.  We are renting a cute cabin up there and making a weekend getaway out of it! It should be fun!

Training-wise, I actual just finished a second round of Charlie Mike (I obviously was a little late on updating my blog!) and am moving on to do isolation days again. I miss it! And I really like having my own routine until I get sick of it, then I will find something like Charlie Mike again, until I want to do my own routine hahaha.

I did race in a 5k with my niece.  It was the Girls on the Run race and it was POURING rain the entire time we were there.  We were freezing and it was quite a challenge, but Brynnlee was a total trooper and we made it out in one piece. ;)

The only sucky thing in my fitness life at the moment is I am experiencing IT band pain. :( It is restricting me from doing a lot of the things I wish to be doing in the gym.  I hope it improves soon. I am just working on stretching, foam rolling and resting it.

The weather has been so nice so I've gone a couple hikes and spent a lot of time playing with Mason outside. LOVE warm weather!!

New Goals:
1. Complete Boise Spartan Race!
2. Compete in NPC show on June 4th and leave HAPPY regardless of results.
3. Stretch and foam roll more to relieve IT band pain.
4. Get outside to rock climb or mountain bike.
5. Take Mason on a bike ride in the bike trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment